Registration and MyTroostwijk
To be able to place a bid and use the advanced functionality of Troostwijk Auctions' website you need to be a registered user. Registering is free and once-only.
- Activate your account.
- 'Log in' with your email address and password on MyTroostwijk.
Would you like to know more about the advanced functions of MyTroostwijk?
There are 3 ways to find lots that you are interested in:
- Go to an interesting auction using the auction calendar
- Identify the category the most applicable of asset (left hand column)
- By using the 'search bar' (at the top right)
You may refine your search using the 2 filters (Top middle of the "Auction Calendar"). You can filter the sales from a particular country or sale in a particular industry sector.
To place a bid you need to be logged in. Before you place a bid, it is important that you do the following:
- Read the Specific Online Terms and Conditions
At each sale or auction you will find all the important data for that sale at the 'Specific terms and conditions' button. Here you will find information about the date and time for viewing the lots, the date and time the auction closes and which days set aside to collect goods. In addition, payment details, any variation to our general terms and conditions and possible additional costs are mentioned here. These specific online terms and conditions are an addition to the general online auction terms and conditions.
- Lot details
Here you will find information about the lot you want to bid for. What are important details for you?
- the lot description
- closing date and time
- the current bid and the next acceptable bid
- the mark-up percentage as well as legally due taxes. Furthermore 'Additional costs' can be mentioned in the lot details. These are compulsory costs which need to be paid by the buyer in addition to the purchase price. Additional costs are normally for dismantling and loading to transport but these will be explained in the Specific online terms and conditions.
We advice you to select ‘to follow’ for the lots you are interested in. Would you like to know more about follow lots?
- Troostwijk selling rules
With an online auction we apply the following rules:
- The '5 minutes rule'
- Static or auto bid
- Reserve met
- Subject to allocation
- Place a bid and bid preview
Fill in the amount of your bid in the lot data and confirm by selecting 'Place this bid'. The amount needs to be filled in without full stops, comma's or decimals. Now you see a preview of your bid. The preview consist of the amount of the bid plus taxes, mark-up and possible additional costs. At this stage you can either confirm or cancel your bid. When you confirm by selecting 'Confirm bid' your bid is unconditional, irreversible and placed without any reservation.
- You will receive an email:
- for every bid (bid confirmation)
- for every outbid (outbid)
- for every outbid on your automatic bid
- if there is an outbid on a combination which your lot is part of
Would you like to know more about the Troostwijk selling rules?